THE FLOR•ESSENCE® HERBS:
extracts from BURDOCK (Arctium lappa), SHEEP SORREL (Rumex acetosella), SLIPPERY ELM (Ulmus rubra), KELP (Laminaria digitata), BLESSED THISTLE (Cnicus benedictus), WATERCRESS (Nasturtium officinale), and RED CLOVER (Trifolium pratense)
- Detoxifying herbs that stimulate cellular regeneration. Soothe and moisturize irritated skin due to their antioxidant, antiinflammatory, and anti-aging qualities.
MEADOWFOAM (Limnanthes alba) SEED OIL
- A very moisturizing plant oil that contains a potent natural antioxidant. Forms a non-greasy barrier on the skin to prevent moisture loss, helping to reduce wrinkles and signs of aging.
HONEYSUCKLE (Lonicera caprifolium) EXTRACT
- Purifies, smoothes, softens, and calms inflamed, itchy skin, boils, and acne. Contains essential oils, saponins, flavones, and phenolics. Naturally high in phenoxyethanol; inhibits bacterial growth.
- Plant-sourced hyaluronic acid (a protein naturally found in all human cells). Binds up to 1,000 times its weight in water, keeping skin moist and smooth. Promotes healing, cellular renewal, microcirculation, and nutrient absorption.
MALIC AND LACTIC ACIDS
- Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) that promote moisture in the skin; smooth dry, flaking skin by exfoliating the top layers of the skin; and help other ingredients to penetrate into the skin. Malic acid is derived from apples. Lactic acid is produced by bacterial fermentation.
GRAPE SEED (Vitis vinifera) EXTRACT
- Masquelier’s® Original Oligomeric Proanthocyanidins (OPCs): a potent antioxidant. Prevents and repairs free radical damage. Improves microcirculation and strengthens collagen. Anti-aging effect against sunburn and wrinkles.
- Vitamin A. A hydrating antioxidant, excellent for rough, scaly, dry, damaged skin. Helps normalize hyper-pigmentation and heal sunburns through cellular regeneration. Anti-aging, anti-wrinkle.
- Detoxifying antioxidants that encourage cellular regeneration, combat wrinkles, heal sunburns, and improve microcirculation.
VITAMIN K (phytonadione)
- Helps reduce the appearance of spider veins, scars, and wrinkles.
YEAST (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) EXTRACT
- A skin oxygenator and cellular regenerator. Rich in vitamin B complex. Derived from mushrooms. True nourishment for the skin.
WHEAT GERM (Triticum vulgare) EXTRACT
- Anti-aging, anti-wrinkle. Oxygenates tissues and cells. Extracted from the wheat kernel. High in vitamins E, B1, B6, and omega-6 essential fatty acid.
- Fresh, clean water, filtered for purity.
- A naturally occurring fatty acid from coconut or palm oil. Dissolves active ingredients and increases the penetrability of the cream.
- A combination of glycerin and stearic acid. Acts as an emulsifier, surfactant and emollient. Helps to keep moisture in the cream.
- Medium-chain fatty acids sourced from coconut or palm kernel oil. A solubilizer, lubricant, and emulsifier that protects and conditions the skin. Contributes to the texture of the cream.
- A long-chain saturated fatty acid derived from coconut or palm oil. An emollient, surfactant, moisturizer, and emulsifier. Also used in the production of many other cosmetic ingredients.
SHEA BUTTER (Butyrospermum parkii)
- A rich moisturizer derived from the fruit of the Karite tree. Encourages cellular regeneration and restructures the epidermis, reducing signs of aging. Helps heal cracked, damaged skin and repair and prevent stretch marks.
- A sugar alcohol produced naturally from vegetable oils. A humectant; keeps water in the cream. Commonly used to make soaps, creams and food products.
- A silicon-based compound derived from sand. Delivers the active ingredients into the skin.
- An emollient and humectant derived from coconut or castor seed oil.
- Cleansing, antimicrobial, antiseptic organic chemical compound commonly used to preserve natural personal care products. Prevents bacterial contamination.
- A humectant that protects the cream from mold, yeast, and fungi.
RICE (Oryza sativa) BRAN EXTRACT
- A certified organic extract of non-GMO rice bran, rich in vitamins and minerals. This unique mucilaginous gum acts as an emulsifier to keep the cream from separating.
SAGE (Salvia officinalis) OIL
- Antiseptic, astringent, and antioxidant. May help speed healing of minor wounds.
- A tree resin used by bees when constructing hives. Anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic.
HERBAL PRESERVATIVE SYSTEM: extracts from OREGANO (Origanum vulgare), THYME (Thymus vulgaris), CINNAMON (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), GOLDENSEAL (Hydrastis canadensis), LAVENDER (Lavendula angustifolia), and ROSEMARY (Rosmarinus officinalis)
- A natural substitute for parabens; antimicrobial, antiseptic, and antioxidant. Helps to purify and balance the skin, reduce scarring, and stimulate new cell growth.
ESSENTIAL OILS of BERGAMOT (Citrus aurantium bergamia), CEDAR WOOD (Cedrus atlantica), and YLANG YLANG (Cananga odorata)
- A delicate, fragrant blend to balance the medicinal aroma of the herbal extracts used to preserve the cream.