DetailsAstaxanthin is both a fat and water soluble antioxidant in the carotenoid family. It has been shown to have a much stronger antioxidant activity than many other types, including vitamin E, C, CoQ10 and lutein. Gandalf Astaxanthin™ is grown and manufactured without use of any solvents, pesticides, or herbicides. Naturally found in lobster, salmon, and shrimp, Gandalf Astaxanthin™ goes straight to the source with a microalgae producing the astaxanthin and providing a finished vegan product. Clinical studies to date have focused on its antioxidant properties across a wide spectrum of human health issues related to skin, eye, brain, cardiovascular, and joint health.
- An antioxidant for the maintenance of good health
- Source of antioxidant(s)/Provides antioxidant(s).
- Source of antioxidant(s)/Provides antioxidant(s) that help(s) fight/protect (cell) against/reduce (the oxidative effect of/the oxidative damage caused by/cell damage caused by) free radicals.
- Helps reduce C-reactive protein levels, a clinical marker of inflammation.
- Helps reduce 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine, a marker of DNA oxidative damage.
- Helps improve physical endurance.
- Helps prevent exercise induced free radical production.
- Helps support eye health. (2 to 10 capsules daily)
- Helps to reduce eye strain and eye fatigue. (2 to 10 capsules daily)
This website does not provide medical advice. Ask your doctor’s advice before taking this product. Results may vary from one person to another for genetic or environmental reasons. No individual result should be seen as typical. The statements above have not been evaluated by Health Canada. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Adults: 1-3 softgels daily
Medicinal Ingredients (per capsule): Natural Astaxanthin from Haematococcus pluvialis microalgae - 4 mg Non-Medicinal Ingredients: gelatin (vegan), glycerin, safflower oil, tocopherols, water.