DetailsThis kid-friendly vitamin C is gentle on teeth and is so tasty they think they’re getting a treat. Naturally flavoured and sweetened, 100% Natural Fruit Chew C is an excellent source of vitamin C for the young and the young at heart.
Vitamin C is a necessary building block for maintaining all collagen structures, promoting wound repair, strong bones and teeth, and healthy gums. As a powerful antioxidant, it protects the aqueous areas of the body (including the blood, intracellular fluid and interstitial fluid) from free radicals. Vitamin C protects LDL cholesterol from oxidation and helps to regenerate vitamin E.
As it is a water-soluble vitamin, the body can not store vitamin C, making regular supplementation vital. The body's need for vitamin C increases during times of stress because vitamin C participates in the production of vital chemicals such as norepinephrine, which is needed for the "fight or flight" response. Vitamin C also acts as a detoxifier, helping to cleanse the body of toxins, such as cigarette smoke, carbon monoxide, etc.
This healthful product also includes bioflavonoids. Bioflavonoids are vitamin-like molecules that are found in the peel of citrus fruits and other fruits and vegetables. They enhance the activity of vitamin C and may improve the body's ability to hold and absorb vitamin C by 35%.
- Enhances immune system
- Promotes wound repair
- Builds strong, healthy bones and teeth
- Powerful antioxidant
- Made with all natural sweeteners and flavour
- Gentle on tooth enamel
- Vitamin C may increase the absorption of aluminum from aluminum-containing antacids such as ALternaGEL®, Amphojel®, Basaljel®, Nephrox®, Maalox®, and Mylanta®. Take vitamin C at least 2 hours before or after taking one of these products.
- Certain medicines, such as antibiotics, blood thinners and aspirin may interact with vitamin C. Consult your health care practitioner if you are on any medications. Some interactions may increase the need for vitamin C, other interactions may be negative.
- As this product contains citrus bioflavonoids, there is one caution: bioflavonoids are non-toxic so drug interactions are virtually unknown; however, citrus bioflavonoids contain grapefruit flavonoids that may interact with certain medications. Consult a health care practicioner before using if you take medication.
1-3 wafers daily or as directed by a health care practitioner. Keep out of the reach of children.
Each tablet contains:
500mg of Vitamin C (sodium ascorbate/ascorbic acid)
Always rinse mouth or brush teeth after taking a chewable vitamin C product.
Pregnancy and Nursing: The dosage range during pregnancy and lactation is 100 to 500 mg daily.