Adding a gourmet touch to your Holiday festivities (+ a Santa’s cookies recipe)
From chocolate bites to dried cranberries, Patience Fruit & Co’s products are perfect to add a touch of fancy to your holiday meals!
Every fall in Notre-Dame-de-Lourdes in Centre-du-Québec, millions of organic cranberries are harvested by family-owned business Patience Fruit & Co, before being shipped off to Villeroy to be transformed into a variety of exquisite products…
Perfect for cocooning days or as Christmas stocking stuffers
Made with Cranflakes® (crispy dried cranberry flakes with no added sugar) and 60% dark chocolate, these organic chocolate crunchy bites not only taste great, but are also high in fiber and iron. They are the perfect guilt-free snack to treat yourself with or to slip into your loved one’s Christmas stockings! Available flavours: Dark chocolate & chai spices, Dark chocolate & raspberry, Dark chocolate & coconut, Milk chocolate & chia.
While cranberries are traditionally cut in half before being dried, Patience Fruit & Co. offers a larger, delicately dried fruit to preserve its unique flavor as well as its pulpy, soft texture. Here are the different varieties of dried cranberries to eat out of the bag or to integrate into your recipes during the festive season: Organic Dried Cranberries, Organic Dried Cranberries – Sweetened with Apple Juice, Organic Dried Cranberries – No Added Sugar, Fruit Blend – Bursting Blend.
Patience Fruit & Co’s recipe: Cranberry, macadamia nut and white chocolate Santa’s cookies
- 1 ¼ cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Patience Fruits & Co dried cranberries of your choice
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 egg
1. Place rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 °F. Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, mix rolled oats, flour, dried cranberries, macadamia nuts, white chocolate chips and baking soda.
3. In another bowl, combine butter with brown sugar and salt with an electric mixer. Add the egg and mix until homogeneous. At low speed or with a wooden spoon, stir in the dry ingredients.
4. Using a 30 ml (2 tbsp.) ice cream scoop, distribute 12 spoonfuls per baking sheet.
5. Bake, one baking sheet at a time, for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned but still soft and fluffy in the center. Cool completely on wire rack.
(Keep cookies for 5 days in an airtight container at room temperature).
Preparation time: 15 minutes / Baking time: 10 to 12 minutes / Servings: 20 to 24 cookies
(This content was developed in partnership with Patience Fruit & Co.)