Avril Café recipe: gluten free brownie with dulce de leche
In addition to its regular menu, Avril Café constantly strives to offer new, original and tasty seasonal recipes made only from ingredients of choice. This month’s featured recipe: gluten free brownie with dulce de leche.
For the brownies
- 4 oz. chopped dark chocolate
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 medium size eggs
- 1 cup cane sugar
- ¼ cup of organic brown rice flour
- ½ cup of almond powder
For the topping
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line muffin pan with 6 paper muffin cups.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a double boiler. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until the mixture whitens.
- Add melted chocolate to eggs and sugar and whisk at low speed until mixture is smooth.
- Add organic brown rice flour and almond powder and gently mix with a wooden spoon for a few seconds.
- Spread the mixture equally in muffin cups. Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool. Unmould and garnish with a rosette of dulce de leche and a pinch of fleur de sel.
(Can stay refrigerated for up to a week. Can be frozen.)
Preparation time: 15 minutes / Cooking time: 20 minutes / Yields: 6 brownies