Avril Café recipe: Peanut tofu noodle bowl
In addition to its regular menu, Avril Café constantly strives to offer new, original and tasty seasonal recipes made only from ingredients of choice. This month’s featured recipe: peanut tofu noodle bowl.
- ¼ cup of sunflower oil
- ¼ cup of tamari sauce
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup of water
- 1 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tbsp. chopped ginger
- 1 block of medium-firm tofu
- 3 tbsp. of sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp. of tamari sauce
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1 bag of rice vermicelli noodles
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 julienne carrot
- ½ julienne cucumber
- Chopped green onion
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Crushed peanuts
- Hot sauce (sambal oelek) to taste
- Blend all ingredients into a smooth sauce.
- Cut tofu into small cubes.
- In a skillet, fry tofu cubes in sunflower oil until golden brown.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add tamari sauce and lime juice.
- Cook the vermicelli noodles as directed by the packaging.
- Spread lettuce, vermicelli noodles and tofu in 4 bowls. Top with sauce.
- Garnish with cucumbers, carrots, green onions, cilantro, lime wedges, peanuts and hot sauce *.
* For a fun meal, place all the ingredients in Step 3 at the center of the table so that each guest can assemble their own bowl.
Preparation: 20 minutes / Yields: 4 bowls