Avril Café recipe: Protein granola
In addition to its regular menu, Avril Café constantly strives to offer new, original and tasty seasonal recipes made only from ingredients of choice. This month’s featured recipe: protein granola.
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup puffed quinoa
- 1½ cups oatmeal
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- ¼ cup sprouted buckwheat
- 2 tbsp. potato starch
- A pinch of fleur de sel
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup sunflower oil
- ½ cup vanilla protein powder
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a small saucepan, gently heat the first four ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (except protein powder) with sunflower oil.
- Stir the hot liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until well coated.
- Spread on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes (or until granola is golden brown), stirring regularly.
- Remove from oven, add the protein powder and stir.
Let cool for two hours before transferring to an airtight container.
Preparation time: 15 minutes / Cooking time: 35 minutes / Yield: 8 to 10 servings