Avril collaborator recipe: Emilie Gaillet’s “faux-mage” cashew spread with grilled hemp seeds
With the warm weather comes outdoor family dinners. Simple, tasty and healthy, Emilie Gaillet’s “faux-mage” cashew spread with grilled hemp seeds recipe is the perfect appetizer to share with family and friends.
- 1 cup of raw cashews, soaked in water for 30 minutes, then rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 shredded garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon fine herb favoured sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons roasted hemp seeds
- Crackers of your choice
- In a blender, blend all ingredients except grilled hemp seeds for 2 to 3 minutes or until texture is smooth and creamy. (Add one teaspoon of water at a time as needed if it seems too thick.)
- Transfer the mixture to a cheesecloth and squeeze tightly. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, put mixture in the freezer 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Unwrap the cheese and sprinkle with roasted hemp seeds. Add a fine herb favoured sea salt to taste and serve with bread or crackers.