Avril recipe: buckwheat pancakes with goat cheese and apple
Because we love pancakes for breakfast, here’s a delicious and healthy buckwheat pancake recipe, also available year-round at Bistro Avril!
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp. cane sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup gluten-free flour
- ¾ cup buckwheat flour
- 4 tbsp. baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1¼ cup unsweetened almond beverage
- 1 ½ tbsp. sunflower oil
- Olive oil or butter
- 2 tbsp. spreadable goat cheese
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced Granny Smith apples
- Maple syrup to taste
1. In a bowl, whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer at high speed for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is fluffy.
2. In another bowl, mix dry ingredients. Stir in egg mixture and almond beverage with electric mixer on low speed until dough is smooth. Add the sunflower oil and mix again.
3. Let the dough rest for at least 1 hour before cooking. This step is essential to obtain puffy and fluffy pancakes. (Ideally, prepare the dough the day before so that it rests overnight.)
4. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-low heat and spray with oil or brush with butter.
5. For each pancake, pour about ⅓ cup of dough in the center of the pan. Bake until small bubbles form on top and the edges are golden brown. Flip pancake and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Garnish with maple syrup, Granny Smith apple slices and goat cheese.
Yield: About 12 pancakes