Avril recipe: crunchy toppers
This crunchy toppers recipe is perfect for adding flavour and texture to your soups, salads and pasta dishes. You can even personalize it with your favourite ingredients!
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. fleur de sel
- 1 tsp. cane sugar
- 1 tbsp. sunflower oil
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ cup pollen
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg white until foamy.
- Add all ingredients (except pollen, chia seeds and hemp seeds) while stirring to evenly blend the spices.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stirring three times. (The mixture must have dried, but must not be too dark in colour.)
- Remove from oven, add pollen and chia seeds and hemp seeds.
- Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Can be refrigirated for up to three weeks.
For a vegan version, replace the egg white with 1 tsp. maple syrup and remove the pollen.
All nuts and seeds as well as spices can be replaced by ingredients you have on hand.
For a little tangy taste, add a few drops of lime juice.