Avril recipe: gluten-free whole grain crackers
Healthy and satisfying, these homemade crackers will quickly become a must for snack time!
- ½ cup whole golden flax seeds by Prana
- ⅓ cup ground golden flax seeds
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds
- ¼ cup black sesame seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ¼ cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 43 x 30 cm baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
3. Drizzle in olive oil while whisking.
4. Gradually add the water while whisking to prevent lumps from forming. (The texture of the mixture should be liquid enough to pour easily onto the baking sheet. Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time, if necessary).
5. Spread the mixture on the baking sheet and level well with a spatula.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and cut into squares of desired size.
8. Continue baking for 20 minutes or until crackers are crispy.
9. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
Preparation time: 15 minutes / Cooking time: 45 minutes / Servings: 8 to 10 squares
For our spicy carrot hummus recipe: click here