Avril recipe: lemon pound cake with olive oil
Whether as a snack or as a dessert, you will love our lemon pound cake with olive oil recipe, with is light texture and slightly tart taste!
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 cup of organic cane sugar
- 2 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. fleur de sel
- ½ cup organic olive oil
- 2 ½ tsp. organic lemon juice
- Zest of 2 organic lemons
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until the mixture whitens.
- Mix dry ingredients and sift twice. Set aside.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice and lemon zest. Set aside.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Do not whisk yet.
- Gently add the oil and lemon mixture. Mix.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered and floured bread pan.
- Bake on middle rack for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool for 20 minutes and unmould.