Avril recipe: Matcha green tea and dark chocolate financier cake
This year, be original for Valentine’s Day and bake for your beloved our famous matcha green tea and dark chocolate financier cake (available year round at Bistro Avril). It’ll be love at first sight!
- 5 egg whites
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ⅔ cup rice flour (or unbleached all-purpose flour)
- 1 ½ cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp. matcha green tea
- ½ cup melted margarine (or unsalted butter)
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a bowl, whisk egg whites until lightly and fluffy, set aside
- In larger bowl, mix almond flour, rice flour, icing sugar and matcha tea
- Add the egg whites followed by the margarine to the dry mixture and mix
- Add chocolate chips and mix
- Divide the mixture into small, greased individual moulds
- Bake on middle rack about 20 minutes*.
- Unmould and let cool completely. Serve with Gourmet Naturally raspberry sorbet.
*The cakes should not come out with any golden-brown coloration. (Insert a toothpick or knife in the center of the cakes, it should come out clean.)
Preparation time: 20 minutes / Cooking time: 20 minutes / Yield: 6 servings