Avril recipe: pumpkin tartlets
Pumpkin pie is without a doubt the classic fall dessert. Our pumpkin tartlet, inspired by Avril co-founder Rolland Tanguay’s mother’s own recipe, will charm your tastebuds with its silky texture and delicate taste.
- 1 ⅓ cup fresh pumpkin flesh
- ½ cup 10% cream
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ tbsp. potato starch
- 1 pinch of 5 Chinese Spice blend by Crousset
- 6 to 8 four-inch tart bases
1. Place rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grate pumpkin flesh.
3. In a skillet over medium-low heat, cook pumpkin flesh, cream and sugar for 20 minutes.
4. Pour the mixture into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and mix again.
5. Divide the mixture among the tart bases.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes.
7. Let cool and garnish.
Preparation time: 30 minutes / Baking time: 30 minutes / Servings: 6 to 8 tartlets