Avril recipe: sausage-stuffed zucchini (Keto)
Squash season is here! Try out this sausage-stuffed zucchini recipe. Comfort food at its best!
- 4 medium-sized zucchinis
- 4 sausages of different flavours
- 2 medium-sized white onions, diced
- 4 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup strong, shredded cheddar cheese (or other type of strong cheese: Gruyere, Emmental, Smoked Mozzarella, etc.)
- 4 cups of homemade or canned tomato sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F.
2. Wash the zucchini and cut in half lengthwise. With a spoon, remove the flesh and set aside.
3. Cut the sausage in half and remove the meat. Discard the casings.
4. In a small skillet, heat oil and cook onions until translucent. Let cool a few minutes.
5. In a large bowl, combine zucchini and sausage meat with all other ingredients (except cheese and tomato sauce).
6. Using a spoon, stuff the zucchinis spreading the stuffing evenly.
7. Cover the bottom of a baking dish with tomato sauce and add the zucchini.
8. Cover the zucchini with grated cheese.
9. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until zucchini is tender and stuffing is cooked.
10. Broil until cheese has a golden colour.
Servings: 6 to 8 / Preparation time: 40 minutes