Avril recipe: Tomato tart
As a snack, an appetizer or a main course, your guests will just love this tomato tart recipe!
- 1 flaky pie crust
- 2 to 3 cloves of roasted garlic
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 4 to 5 whole tomatoes, sliced (5 mm thick)
- 3 branches of fresh thyme
- 4 to 5 basil leaves
- 2 tbsp. oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
2. Spread tomatoes on a wire rack over a plate, season with salt and let them drain excess water for 20 minutes.
3. Using a paper towel, wipe away the water on the surface of the tomatoes.
4. Spread crust on the bottom of a loose-bottom cake pan.
5. Using a fork, crush the roasted garlic cloves and spread over the crust. Add grated cheese, sliced tomatoes, fine herbs, salt and pepper.
6. Bake 45 to 50 minutes.
Let cool before unmoulding and serving.