Avril recipe: watermelon and mint tonic
Refreshing and full of flavour, have no doubt that this watermelon and mint tonic will become your favourite drink this summer!
- 4 cups filtered water
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 3 cups watermelon, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint
- ½ cup of apple cider vinegar
1. In a kettle, bring the water and salt to a boil. Add maple syrup, dissolve and remove from heat.
2. In a bowl, combine the watermelon and mint, then add the liquid mixture. Cool to room temperature, then add apple cider vinegar.
3. Infuse the mixture at least 8 hours or overnight.
4. Filter the mixture through a sieve.
5. Serve on ice, topped with mint leaves and watermelon cubes.
This tonic can be kept for one week in the refrigerator.
Preparation: 15 minutes + 8 hours of infusion / Yield: 8 cups