Avril recipes: Chimichurri sauce and vegetable marinade
For this barbecue season, enhance your grilling with these two simple and tasty recipes!
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 French shallot, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup flat parsley, chopped
- 2 cups cilantro, chopped (use the stems, they are tasty too!)
- ⅓ cup oregano
- ¾ cup of olive oil
1. In a bowl, combine vinegar, salt, garlic, French shallot and jalapeno pepper. Let sit 10 minutes.
2. Add the fine herbs and oil and mix with a fork.
3. Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time: 15 minutes / Yield: 2 cups
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ½ cup of sherry or red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. salt
1. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients.
2. In a hot bowl, let the vegetables steep in marinade for 5 minutes.
(This marinade can be used before or after cooking the vegetables.)
Preparation time: 5 minutes / Yield: 1 cup