Collaborator recipe: salmon spread (by Marie-Soleil Michon)
I really like happy hour: I am a big fan of terrines, spreads, pâtés, and so on ! The recipe that I present to you today is very simple to prepare. Don’t forget to buy a ton of crackers, because this salmon spread is irresistible! It can also be served on cucumber slices, or endive leaves. Believe me, your guests will be asking for more!
- 250g cream cheese*
* For a vegan version: use VegNature cashew nut “cream cheese” or “goat cheese”.
- 1 can (150g) flaked salmon (drained, skin and bones removed)
- 1/3 cup red onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- A few drops of Worcestershire sauce
- A few drops of Tabasco sauce
- Organic granulated kelp (salt substitute)
- Crumble cream cheese at room temperature until smooth.
- Add the flaked salmon and red onions. Mix.
- Season to taste.
- Using parchment paper, roll the mixture to form a small log.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, roll cheese log in parsley and walnut mixture.