Genuine Health: prebiotic and collagen supplements for optimum health
Learn more about the essential role of prebiotics and collagen as well as the benefits of Genuine Health supplements.
The role of prebiotics
An increasing amount of scientific studies show that a healthy digestive system is essential to good overall health. It is recommended to consume a minimum of 5 grams of prebiotics per day to improve intestinal health. Why? Because prebiotics are nutrients that promote the growth and proper functioning of probiotics (living bacteria that strengthen the gut’s microbial flora), which in turn improves digestion and increases absorption of minerals1.
Genuine Health’s Fermented Organic Gut Superfoods+ innovative formula nourishes the digestive system and the body with its prebiotic effect. This gluten and soy-free vegan supplement stands out by its ultra-complete composition:
- Made of 22 plant-based superfoods (fruits, vegetables, spices, herbs and other superfoods) carefully chosen for their high content of polyphenols, molecules known to promote the growth of good intestinal bacteria, reduce inflammation, support cardiovascular health and slow down the aging process.
- Made with VitaFiber prebiotic fibers (based on tapioca starch and a mixture of legumes); these nourish good intestinal bacteria, reduce the risk of flatulence and do not irritate the digestive track.
- Fully fermented. This ancient preservation technique increases the nutritional quality of polyphenols and maximizes their absorption. Fermentation improves digestion and contributes to better intestinal flora.
What is collagen?
Collagen accounts for 30 to 35% of the total protein content of the human body. Present in all the structures of the organism (skin, cartilage, tendons, ligaments and connective tissue), it ensures the cohesion, elasticity and regeneration of all these tissues2. As we age, the body decreases its natural production of collagen. While the loss of collagen is usually seen on the skin (where lines and wrinkles form), it also affects the integrity of bones, joints, and muscles. To make up for this deficiency, taking collagen supplements is recommended.
In addition to containing 10 grams of collagen per serving, Genuine Health’s hydrolyzed pure collagen supplements are free from dairy and gluten. They can be incorporated into cold, hot or whipped drinks, or even into a recipe. Here are the different products available:
- Clean collagen: This bovine source supplement comes from USDA approved pasture-raised grass-fed cows.
- Marine clean collagen: This marine source supplement comes from wild fish caught in the North Atlantic and tested free of heavy metals.
- Clean collagen protein bars: Each bar provides 7 grams of hydrolyzed collagen from bovine sources, 9 grams of fiber as well as fermented pea and sesame protein.
(This content was developed in partnership with our supplier Genuine Health.)