Gogo Quinoa gluten-free pasta (+ a home-made fusilli with pesto recipe)
Made with quinoa flour, Montreal-based GoGo Quinoa pasta brand is a great option for people who are gluten-intolerant or who want to easily incorporate quinoa into their diet.
GoGo Quinoa was founded in Montreal in 2004 by Martin Bilodeau and his wife Clara Cohen. The mission of this company – which imports, processes and transforms quinoa1 – is to contribute to the nutritional well-being of everyone by offering nutritious, innovative, tasty, ethical and responsible products. GoGo Quinoa markets a total 60 products, all vegan: cookies, cereals, flours, flakes, granolas, lentils, quinoa, pasta, muesli, etc. Furthermore, most of them are organic and made in Quebec.
GoGo Quinoa pasta
GoGo Quinoa’s challenge is to produce the best possible alternative to wheat pasta. The result? Their pasta has a true “al dente” texture, is suitable for all types of sauces and contains a minimum of 21% quinoa flour (compared to only 5% in other brands). As a bonus, they are gluten free and GMO free. Products available at Avril include:
- Super Grains Spaghettini: Made from chia, quinoa, sorghum and amaranth.
- Super Grains Elbows: Made from chia, quinoa, sorghum and amaranth.
- Super Grains Fusilli 2 Colors: Made from chia, quinoa, sorghum and amaranth.
- Quinoa Spaghetti: Made with organic white rice and quinoa flour.
- Fusilli Quinoa: Made with organic white rice and quinoa flour.
- Amaranth Penne: Made with organic white rice and amaranth flour.
- Red & White Quinoa Macaroni: Made from organic white rice and quinoa (red and white) flour.
- Anelli Vegetable Pasta: Made from organic quinoa and white rice flour.
Homemade pesto fusilli recipe
- 4 cups of Super Grains Fusilli
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 1 cup cashew beverage
- ½ cup of soaked raw cashew nuts (soaked for 2 hours or more)
- ½ cup of avocado puree
- 1tsp. salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 tsp. coriander
- GUSTA cheese
- Hemp seeds (optional)
- Cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Pistachios, chopped (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to directions.
- Rinse and drain pasta. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients except fusilli and avocado puree in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the avocado puree and mix until smooth.
- Mix the pesto sauce and pasta.
- Serve with grated GUSTA cheese, basil, parsley, hemp seeds, cherry tomatoes and chopped pistachios.
* Makes 2 to 4 servings.
(This content was developed in partnership with GoGo Quinoa.)