Hubert Cormier’s advice: 5 tips for setting up a food routine (+ a blueberry-coconut overnight oats recipe)
Back-to-school can often mean back-to-busy! Here are some simple tips to make sure you eat well despite your hectic schedule.
1. Eating at home
The more you cook, the more you acquire culinary skills, want to try new recipes, get informed on the properties of food and are prone to eating healthy! In short, you naturally develop tons of tips and tricks to simplify your eating routine.
2. Adjust your animal-based/plant-based food ratio
Do not be afraid to include plant-based foods to your recipes. They are high in fibre, have a lower fat content than animal protein and do not contain cholesterol. Not to mention that they can be preserved much longer than animal-based foods.
3. Do some meal prep
Are you afraid of running out of time to cook during the week? Take a few minutes with your family to wash and cut the vegetables you plan to eat, as well as cooking a few side dishes ahead of time.
4. Go for leftovers
Always cook a little bit more; you can even make double and freeze some! Leftovers will make life easier during busy days and also make perfect lunches.
5. Start your day off right
If you start your day with breakfast*, you will be less prone to cravings during the day. Moreover, studies have shown that people who eat breakfast are often more physically active and snack less in the evening!
*Overnight oats it a great option. You can prepare it ahead of time using an oats base and then adding to it whatever you want.
Blueberry-coconut overnight oats recipe
- ¼ cup organic pure oatmeal
- 2 tbsp. quick organic pure oatmeal
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. grated coconut
- 2 dates cut into small pieces
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries
- Choice of toppings: fresh blueberries, granola, chia seeds, etc.
1. In a small container (such as a mason jar), mix the oats, chia seeds, grated coconut and dates.
2. Add the coconut milk.
3. Add frozen blueberries and lime juice, then mix well with a spoon.
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. In the morning, mix again and add toppings.
No. of servings: 1 / Preparation time: 5 minutes