Miels d’Anicet and Mélia honey-based products
Miels d’Anicet has a special place in the hearts of Quebecers. Not only thanks to the quality of its honey production and Mélia body care products, but also because of its expertise and its role as ambassador of the honey culture in Quebec. Learn more about this local company.
Miels d’Anicet products
Run by visionary entrepreneurs and partners Anne-Virginie Schmidt and Anicet Desrochers, Miels d’Anicet markets five to seven varieties of honey from over 1 000 hives in the Ferme-Neuve countryside of the Hautes-Laurentides, a region free of intensive agriculture and known for its great diversity of wild flowers. Their honeys are organic and produced using classical apicultural methods. This organic certification ensures that 1) land located within a 3 km radius of the hives is essentially wild and made up of organic vegetation, 2) the protection of bees always has priority and 3) the honey making process preserves the honey’s purity. Here are the honey varieties available at Avril:
- Summer: Harvested in July, this honey is known for its delicate and floral taste, as well as its notes of mint and fruity notes.
- Fall: Harvested in August, this honey is known for its delicate and fruity taste, as well as its warm notes of vanilla, apricot and beeswax.
- Wild flowers: Harvested in August, this honey is known for its medium-bodied and warm taste, as well as notes of slightly caramelized candied fruit.
- Buckwheat: Harvested in mid-August, this honey is known for its full-bodied taste, as well as its rustic, farmhouse, caramelized nut and dried prune notes.
Made with 40% honey, Miels d’Anicet organic mustards make excellent condiments for sandwiches, vinaigrettes and marinades. Here are the flavours available at Avril:
- Yellow mustard with honey: Sweet mustard with notes of turmeric and honey.
- Dijon mustard with honey: Spicy mustard with hints of horseradish and honey.
- Old-fashioned mustard with honey: slightly spicy mustard with hints of cider vinegar and honey.
Mélia Body Care Products
Carefully handcrafted in their Ferme-Neuve shop, Mélia products are certified organic, 100% natural and biodegradable. Each is made from premium ingredients such as honey (a natural skin ally), beeswax (a remarkably soft skin protector), propolis (a natural antibiotic with antibacterial and healing properties) and essential oils (for fragrance). Here are the products available at Avril:
- Protective lip balm: Mélia lip balm with the natural scent of beeswax and honey is made from essential oils and plant blends to moisturize and protect the lips.
- Body Butters: Emulsified with beeswax and shea butter, Mélia body butters are naturally moisturizing. They penetrate the skin gently, relieving the itchiness caused by dry skin and protecting it from harmful external agents.
- Handmade soaps: Mélia soaps are hand-made using the traditional method of cold saponification. They are composed of organic vegetable oils, which makes them naturally soft and don’t dry out the skin.
- Ointments: Mélia ointments are made from propolis, a resinous and gummy matter that bees harvest on some trees. It is used for the treatment of skin problems and is effective for treating microbial or viral infections.
- Soothing throat spray: Mélia honey and propolis vaporizer is essential for winter ailments such as cough and dry throat.
(This content was developed in partnership with Miels d’Anicet.)