Product of the month: naturallyorganic couscous (+ a nuts and dried fruit couscous salad recipe)
Naturallyorganic, Avril Supermarché Santé’s home brand, offers exclusive products of superior quality. Avril’s founders carefully select each item during their numerous trips abroad, where they set out to discover local, responsible and eco-friendly producers. This month’s selection: organic couscous.
Naturallyorganic organic couscous and organic whole wheat couscous are Canadian products made in Quebec. Made from durum wheat semolina, they are a good source of carbohydrates, proteins, fiber and iron. Due to their carbohydrate and protein content, they provides long-term energy from the slow sugars contained in wheat starch. In the kitchen, couscous is a great alternative to pasta and rice, and can also be served as side dish or as a salad.
Nuts and dried fruit couscous salad recipe
- 1 ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. cane sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 thyme sprig
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 cups uncooked couscous
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup whole almonds, chopped
- ½ cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients.
1. In a saucepan, bring to a boil water, bay leaf, thyme and salt.
2. In a large bowl, mix couscous with olive oil.
3. Pour boiling water over the couscous mixture. Stir and cover for 5 minutes.
4. Gently fluff with a fork
5. Add the rest of the ingredients followed by the dressing, and mix.
Preparation time: 35 minutes / Servings: 8