Ripple pea beverages (+ a healthy chocolate-hazelnut pie recipe!)
After rice and nut beverages, here is pea milk! Ripple nutritious pea milk stands out for its high protein content, unique taste and low ecological footprint.
Made from yellow peas, Ripple plant-based milks come in 4 flavours: unsweetened, original, vanilla and chocolate and have several nutritional benefits. The first one is their protein content: one cup of Ripple milk contains 8 g of protein, which exceeds the majority of most plant-based drinks that contain only 1 to 2g. By comparison, Ripple products are as protein-rich as cow’s milk and soy beverages! The second benefit is their content of vitamins and minerals: one cup of Ripple milk provides 15% of the recommended daily iron, 13% of recommended daily potassium and 8% of recommended daily calcium. Not to mention that Ripple products are enriched with seaweed omega-3, and contain no cholesterol, GMOs, dairy products, soy, nuts and gluten.
Furthermore, Ripple milk is environmentally friendly in many ways. Starting with water consumption: yellow pea farming requires much less irrigation than cattle farming for cow’s milk or than almond tree growing. It also emits fewer CO2 and greenhouse gases emissions. Finally, Ripple products packaging is made of 100% recycled plastic!
Healthy chocolate-hazelnut pie recipe
- 1 ½ cups almonds
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- ¾ cup pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup crushed roasted hazelnuts
- 1 oz. (30 ml) of chocolate Ripple milk
- 1 cup vanilla Ripple milk
- 7 oz. (198 g) crushed dark chocolate
- 1 can drained and rinsed black beans
- 1/3 cup of coconut sugar
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- In a food processor, pulse the almonds, cocoa powder and salt until a fine powder is obtained. Add the Medjool dates and the coconut oil, then mix by pulsing again until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Refrigerate.
- Place the crushed dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the vanilla Ripple milk over medium heat until boiling. Pour the hot mixture over the chocolate. Let sit for 1 minute, then whisk until smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In food processor, pulse black kidney beans, coconut sugar, almond butter and coconut oil until mixture is well blended. Gradually mix in the chocolate mixture until you have a smooth texture.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the dough then garnish with chocolate and crushed hazelnuts. Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
Preparation time: 30 minutes / Cooking time: 5 minutes / Yield: 8 portions
(This content has been developed in partnership with Ripple.)