Wellness tip: my green juice recipe
With the New Year just around the corner, I want to share with you my new eating philosophy and a corresponding green juice recipe. Not only is it easy to make, it is also tasty and energizing. Cheers!
In the last year, I started going back to basics with my diet. Food-wise, I felt the need to keep things simple and no longer be influenced by every new trend out there! This has led me to eat more instinctively by naturally following the seasons. Today more than ever, fruits and vegetables are at the heart of my diet. I love them for their taste, but especially for their high vitamin, mineral and nutrient content.
Healthy and easy to make, green juice reflects my new philosophy of life. What makes this recipe special? I make it in the blender and I keep it in the refrigerator for three days. Of course, I know that it is better to drink the juice immediately after having prepared it. But since this version is fast and can be refrigerated, I think it is better than nothing and I drink it without feeling guilty! You can have it in the morning on an empty stomach or as a snack any time of the day!
Green juice recipe
- 1 kale bunch
- 1 spinach bunch
- 2 celery stalks, cut into pieces
- 1 English cucumber, cut into pieces
- 1 apple*, cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp. ginger, finely chopped
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper powder (or more, to taste)
- 3 cups filtered water
* The apple is optional. However, if you have never had green juice, I recommend it since apple naturally sweetens the juice and softens its taste.
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Filter the mixture to separate the juice from the fibre.
Can be kept for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.