View Our Recipes Print
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
12 Grilled slices of bread *
2 ripe avocados, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
4 tbsp Dijon mustard in grain, raw **
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives and sliced in two
sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
4 tbsp raw hemp seed
pea snap or sunflower sprout
A large handfuls of arugula
* I opted for a kamut bread. For a raw version of bread, Crudessence would also be a very good option in my opinion!
** I like using Maison Orphée, a Quebec product
1. Preheat oven to grill the slices of bread 2 to 3 minutes per side. Be careful not to burn them! Remove from oven and cool completely.
2. Combine together the mustard, garlic and olive oil. Spread generously each toasted bread slice. Add avocado slices and crush well with a fork.
3. Garnish with cherry tomatoes, dried tomatoes, olives, hemp seeds and green sprouts choice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve with a fresh salad of arugula and vinaigrette Balsamic.
April recommends developing this recipe with organic and local foods as much as possible.