View Our Recipes Print
Beet, lentils and feta salad
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 à 6
- 3 cups of baby arugula cabbage or kale
- 1 cup of radishes, sliced thin
- 398 ml of canned lentils, rinsed (1 can) or 1 ¼ cup soaked and cooked lentils, cooled
- 4 medium sized beet
- ¼ cup of feta cheese, or to taste
- 1/3 cup of sprouts of your choices (alfalfa, broccoli, red clover)
- 2 green onions, minced
- In a large pot, boil water. Add beets one at a time and cook them 1 hour. Carefully remove after cooking and place on paper towels.
- While cooking the beets, prepare a serving bowl. Place the kale and arugula in the bottom. Add the radishes and the lentils.
- Once the beets are ready, remove the skin using rubber dishwashing gloves (not to stain you). Slice the beets then add to the salad. Add the crumbled feta cheese, sprouts and onions.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients of the ” dressing ” category. Add to the salad. Serve.
Avril recommends making this recipe with organic and local foods whenever possible.
Get your ingredients
MAISON ORPHEE$10.49 CAD
MAISON ORPHEE$2.99 CAD
NATURELLEMENT GOURMET$12.99 CAD