View Our Recipes Print
Preparation time: 20 minutes + rest of 2 hours in the freezer
Cooking time: None
Servings: 8 to 10 portions
For the crust:
For the ganache:
For the filling:
To decorate, rosebuds / shredded coconut / fresh fruit / etc.
- On medium heat, toast (2/3 + 1/2) cup of hazelnuts for 5 minute. Reserve 1/2 cup for the final garnish.
- In a food processor, blend coarsely 2/3 cup of toasted hazelnuts. Add the dates, coconut oil and shredded coconut and mix a few more seconds or until the mixture become grainy.
- Press into a greased springform pan of 20 cm in diameter. Refrigerate.
Preparation of the ganache:
- In a food processor, combine the black beans, dates, banana, hazelnut butter, almond milk and melted dark chocolate.
- Mix for a few minutes, until it become a creamy and smooth ganache.
- Pour over the cooled crust.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap, and let the cake stand in the freezer for 2 hours.
Making the filling:
- Remove cake from the freezer at least 60 minutes before eating.
- For presentation, sprinkle the toasted hazelnuts, melted chocolate, coconut and rose petals. During the summer, I like to cover the ganache with a small mountain of fresh berries. It is also delicious!
Avril recommends developing this recipe with organic and local foods whenever possible.