View Our Recipes Print
Freekeh, vegetable and fresh herbs salad
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup Freekeh
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 diced english cucumber
- 2 diced sweet peppers (color to your taste)
- 1 small crate of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 1 ½ cup diced sheep feta
- 1 ½ extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp. of La Belle Excuse lemon and white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Heat ½ tbsp of olive oil in a pan. Heat ½ tbsp. olive oil in a pot.
- Add Freekeh and mix until all grains are covered in oil.
- Add broth and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed.
- In a bowl, mix cooked, cooled Freekeh, with diced cucumber, sweet peppers, feta and tomatoes and fresh herbs.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil and ½ tbsp. lemon and white balsamic vinegar, season with salt and pepper and mix before serving.
Avril recommends using organic and local products as much as possible when making this recipe.