View Our Recipes Print
Freekeh, vegetable and fresh herbs salad
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup Freekeh
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 diced english cucumber
- 2 diced sweet peppers (color to your taste)
- 1 small crate of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 1 ½ cup diced sheep feta
- 1 ½ extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp. of La Belle Excuse lemon and white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Heat ½ tbsp of olive oil in a pan. Heat ½ tbsp. olive oil in a pot.
- Add Freekeh and mix until all grains are covered in oil.
- Add broth and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed.
- In a bowl, mix cooked, cooled Freekeh, with diced cucumber, sweet peppers, feta and tomatoes and fresh herbs.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil and ½ tbsp. lemon and white balsamic vinegar, season with salt and pepper and mix before serving.
Avril recommends using organic and local products as much as possible when making this recipe.
Get your ingredients
PREMIUM GREEN$6.99 CAD
BELLE EXCUSE$14.99 CAD