View Our Recipes Print
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 cans ( 540 mL ) of chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 tbsp. of tahini (sesame butter)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water (if necessary)
- 10-15 yellow cherry tomatoes, whole
- 1 large handful of fresh green peas, with scales ( stems removed ) *
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Black pepper , coarsely ground
- Fresh rosemary to taste
Preparation of the hummus :
1. In a food blender, combine chickpeas, garlic, tahini, salt, olive oil and lemon juice. If necessary, add a little water. Mix a few minutes until a perfectly homogeneous and creamy hummus.
2. Place the hummus in a serving platter. Refrigerate.
Grilled vegetables preparation:
1. On a baking sheet cover with parchment paper, cover the cherry tomatoes with olive oil. Put them in the grill for 5-8 minutes, depending on preference.
2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat a small amount of olive oil and fry the whole green peas, 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Put the grilled vegetables on the hummus. Add the coarsely ground black pepper, the fresh rosemary and olive oil (optional).
4. Serve with toasted baguette, crackers, naan bread, etc.
Avril recommends making this recipe with organic and local foods whenever possible.