View Our Recipes Print
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 70 minutes
5 ½ cups of homemade bread, cuted into large cubes
1 ½ cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk, but any will do)
½ cup 15% cream or soy cream like Belsoy
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup maple sugar (and a little more to sprinkle on top before baking)
1 tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F.
- Generously grease a pans of 6 large muffin with butter.
- In a bowl, lightly whisk the milk, cream, eggs, maple syrup and maple sugar.
- Add the cubes of bread into ¾ of the molds . Keep in mind that the liquid will inflate the pieces of bread.
- Pour the wet mixture into each molds, up to the same height as the bread cubes. Make sure that all the cubes are well soaked with the mixture.
- Sprinkle some maple sugar on top each of the puddings.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes on the center rack. Cool completely before serving.
April recommends developing this recipe with organic and local foods as much as possible.