View Our Recipes Print
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
2 cans (2 x 398 ml) of chickpeas
1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
2 tbsp tahini
Juice of half an orange
Spice Mix: 1 1/2 tbsp coriander seeds, 1 tbsp of turmeric powder, 2 tsp cumin seeds, 1/4 tsp ginger, 3-4 cardamom seeds, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp pepper flakes, black pepper and sea salt to taste
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 large carrot, grated
1/3 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
5 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1/4 to 1/3 cup dried raisins
few fresh leaves of cilantro finely chopped(optional)
olive oil for cooking
8 burger buns
BALSAMIC DATES SAUCE :
- In a blender, combine the chickpeas, garlic, tahini, orange juice and spice mixture until a slightly grainy paste.
- Add the oats, onion, carrot, hazelnuts and sesame seeds and mix 30 seconds.
- Add raisins and cilantro and mix one last time with a wooden spoon.
- Shape dough into 8 balls.
- In an oiled skillet, grill over medium heat the balls, 5-6 minutes per side.
- Prepare the sauce: combine all ingredients together and whisk until a smooth sauce.
- Serve on buns, accompanied by the sauce, arugula and Dijon mustard.
Avril recommends developing this recipe with organic and local foods whenever possible.