View Our Recipes Print
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1 pita bread bag
1 head romaine lettuce
2 red tomatoes, sliced into rings
1 ½ cup cooked salmon
2 tbsp Vegenaise (or mayonnaise)
1 cup bread crumbs
1 tbsp parsley
½ tsp of oregano
½ tsp basil
¼ tsp of salt (or more to taste)
2 green onions, chopped
1 ½ cup bread crumbs
1 tsp paprika
2 beaten eggs
1. Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
2. Lay parchment paper on a baking sheet. Reserve.
3. In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs and spices for the croquettes. Season with salt. Mix.
4. In another bowl, combine salmon, eggs and Vegenaise.
5. Add the bread crumb mixture to salmon mixture. Mix.
6. For cooking, prepare a bowl with bread crumbs and paprika and another containing the beaten eggs.
7. With your hands, form 12 balls with the salmon mixture. Dip once in breadcrumbs, once in eggs and again in breadcrumbs. Lay on the plate.
8. Bake in the oven 20 to 25 minutes.
9. Cut each pita in half and open them to make a pocket.
10. Add romaine lettuce to form a bed for the croquettes.
11. Place 2 croquettes, tomatoes, green onions and tartar Earth Island sauce in the pita bread. Serve.
April recommends developing this recipe with organic and local foods as much as possible.