View Our Recipes Print
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
Servings: 12 cookies
- 2 3/4 cup of unbleached white flour
- 1 cup of oat flakes
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree (homemade or from the store)
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 3/4 cup of coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup of butter (room temperature)
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- On a big cookie sheet, file a parchment paper (optional).
- With a mixer robot or a bowl, whip butter and coconut sugar until the butter is well incorporated into the sugar.
- Add egg white, maple syrup and pumpkin puree gradually and mix until having an homogeneous mixture.(It will be bright orange because of coconut sugar)
- In another bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
- Incorporate wet ingredients to dry ingredients gradually. (At this point, you can mix everything with your hands to make sure the liquid is well incorporated into the dough. It is also easier.)
- Form balls with your hands, place them on the baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Cook in oven for 16 to 18 minutes, until cookies are golden. Slightly let cool (it is so much better when they come out of the oven) or cool completely before serving.
Avril recommends developing this recipe with organic and local foods whenever possible.
Get your ingredients
NATURELLEMENT GOURMET$9.99 CAD
Regular Price: $6.49 CAD
Special Price $4.99 CAD
CLEF DES CHAMPS$19.49 CAD
CLEF DES CHAMPS$6.99 CAD
ORGANIC TRADITIONS$5.29 CAD