View Our Recipes Print
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Servings: 5 cup of soup
1 chopped yellow onion;
1 sweet potato;
1/2 rutabaga or turnip;
4 cups chicken broth, vegetable broth or water;
1 can (398 ml) of cooked white beans, or 340 ml of silken tofu, drained;
1 clove garlic, crushed;
1/2 cup choice of creamy preparation : cream, milk mixture 5% M. G., soy cream, coconut milk (optional *);
1/2 tsp ** Cumin ;
1/2 tsp ** Ginger tea;
1/2 tsp ** yellow curry powder ;
* I find that adding velvety cream gives a more smooth.
** Feel free to change the amount of spices to the recipe reflects your tastes!
- Brown the yellow onion medium heat in olive oil for 3-4 minutes in a pot.
- Add the rutabaga and sweet potato into pieces.
- Pour 4 cups of the selected liquid (broth or water).
- Add the crushed garlic clove.
- Simmer over medium heat for about fifteen minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add white beans or tofu block 5 minutes before removing from heat.
- Add spices and preparation.
- Mix in a blender.
Avril recommends developing this recipe with organic and local foods whenever possible.