View Our Recipes Print
Tomato, barley and beans soup
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 à 30 minutes
- In a large pot, melt a knob of butter and sauté the onions at a medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix all the spices.
- Add the diced tomatoes, carrots, barley and vegetable broth to the pot. Mix and season with salt and pepper.
- Add all the spices to the cauldron and adjust seasoning if necessary. Mix.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat to medium.
- Lightly cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- 10 minutes from the end, add the canned beans. Mix, then finish cooking.
Avril recommends developing this recipe with organic and local foods whenever possible.