View Our Recipes Print
Vegetarian pesto lasagna
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Servings: 6 à 8
- 1 fresh spinach bag
- 2 cups fresh tomato sauce
- 1 small eggplant, cut in long slices
- 1 zucchini, cut in long slices
- 1 big carrot, cut in sticks
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 shallots, minced
- minced fresh parsley
- 1 ts. thyme
- 1 ts. oregano
- 2 tbs. pesto spread
- 11/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups, low fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup olive oil, divided
- Preheat oven at 300°F.
- Remove stems from spinach leaves ans wash. Blanch spinach in boiling salt water, 2 minutes. Finish by cooling down in ice bath. Drain and set aside.
- Sautee shallots and onions in olive oil over high heat until colored. Set aside.
- Beat eggs and add to ricotta. Add shallots and onions, 2 tbs. fresh parsley, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Brown eggplant slices in olive oil. Set aside on paper towel.
- Brown zucchini slices in olive oil. Set aside on paper towel.
- Blanch carrot stick in boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- Roast red bell pepper.
- Oil rectangular baking dish. Place in order, eggplant slices, tomato sauce, carrot sticks, ricota and herb mix, pesto, roasted pepper, spinach, and zucchini. Cover with shredded cheese.
- Bake in oven, 40 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.